• Attention All Comstar Customers, Due to unexpected interference by suspected Word of Blake operatives, the HPG systems update was *not* successful. No data was lost due to our careful and extensive backups; however, we will need to try again next weekend. Sincerely, Comstar Precentor Dune

Media/Journalism Cringe Megathread - Hot off the Presses

Yinko

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Reaction score
3,055
One year on and Gutfeld's show is somehow still winning late night... only winning morerererer...


Oof... the Daily Show with Trevor Noah is so bad it's almost comparable in ratings to CNN!
There's the funny thing, I've never heard of #1, 6, 10, 13 or 14, and only barely heard of the other Fox one. I looked up Greg Gutfeld and don't even recognize his face. While I don't watch these kinds of shows any more, I feel that this has a lot more to do with how often they get snipped and re-posted, because Imgur and Twitter users love using Trevor Noah or John Oliver for gifs.
 

PsihoKekec

Swashbuckling Accountant
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Reaction score
24,983
Location
Slovenija
For NYT, Sam Bankman-Fried dindu noffin

As we discussed last night, Sam Bankman-Fried has now demonstrated that he is both a pathological liar and a sociopath, the kind who in "explaining" to his employees how he stole billions (over $4 billion according to new FTX CEO John J. Ray) from the now bankrupt FTX, an act which left it insolvent and without liquidity, called it "loans" which were "generally" not used for "large amounts of personal consumption" (just "small amounts" used for such trivial items as $40 million penthouses and private jets)

And so, instead of being under arrest, SBF will instead be treated like a luminary alongside other such other Democrat icons as Zelenskyy (who according to some may have been intimately familiar with FTX fund flows in the past year) and of course the woman who along with Ben Bernanke and Jerome Powell, made it all possible by blowing the biggest asset bubble of all time: Janet Yellen.

And while we are certain that the NYT - which we assume is done writing puff pieces on behalf of SBF after it became a laughing stock last week - would be quick to mercilessly cancel and expel from its "prestigious" conference anyone who had misgendered some post-op transsexual, it is willing to give this thieving pathological liar and sociopath a forum in which to profess his innocence to the entire world, and by association with other Democrat "celebrities" such as this one...
 

Bacle

When the effort is no longer profitable...
Founder
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Reaction score
35,591

LordsFire

Internet Wizard
Joined
Aug 11, 2019
Reaction score
23,908
The question is...what happens to the machine he built after he passes away? Will it continue on as it has been or fracture and self distruct without Soros guiding it?
Most likely fracture and then dissolve bit by bit.

That's just most likely though, and I couldn't even tell you by how much. All kinds of things could happen.
 

Cherico

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Reaction score
37,984
The question is...what happens to the machine he built after he passes away? Will it continue on as it has been or fracture and self distruct without Soros guiding it?
My guess having worked with this type of people in real life.

Once he dies you lose the man who actually understands how to make money, much of his lifes work is put into left wing organizations, campaigns and other things but the ability to make ever more money becomes well limited. His current wealth is about 8.9 billion dollars.

So with him dead you have less people watching the money and how its spent, at first with the wheels taken off the democrats have a field day. Billions of dollars go into various races, causes, and left wing think tanks. Thing is I know how the left works and their going to go through that money like shit like a goose.

People will give themselves raises, money will be siponed off into personal accounts, money will be wasted because the people managing it don't understand it. This affects a few elections cycles but after around a decade the money will be gone. Then the left will look for another sugar daddy.

Smart money is one of the tech bros.
 

Cherico

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Reaction score
37,984
I'm thinking it'll be Jeff Bezos, personally.
I give that 80% odds with another 20% that the left does something that utterly pissses him off and flips him to the other side. This has after all happened more than once.
 
Top Bottom