Quest Earth: UFO Defense

Blasterbot

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Reaction score
28
[2] I agree with Rose. They know you've been looking into them.
+ Gain favor with the US Marshal Service
[5] We can do it like the Horde MC case... remember where I showed up to the bar, asked for the places liquor license as a cover and then when the Bikers actually showed up and one of them said I was in their seat, I told him he could ride the stool leg? We got three of them for assaulting an officer of law. Once we get them in custody, we can really apply the pressure on them.
+ Gain Brawling Skill
+ Gain Loyalty: ATF Agent Robb Bouten
> Unknown loyalty reaction from Jimmy Woo
 

Husky_Khan

The Dog Whistler... I mean Whisperer
Founder
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Reaction score
1,396
Location
The Drakwald
[2] I agree with Rose. They know you've been looking into them.
+ Gain favor with the US Marshal Service
[5] We can do it like the Horde MC case... remember where I showed up to the bar, asked for the places liquor license as a cover and then when the Bikers actually showed up and one of them said I was in their seat, I told him he could ride the stool leg? We got three of them for assaulting an officer of law. Once we get them in custody, we can really apply the pressure on them.
+ Gain Brawling Skill
+ Gain Loyalty: ATF Agent Robb Bouten
> Unknown loyalty reaction from Jimmy Woo

365Results Gym

Jimmy frowned before glancing at the Gyms entrance. "He actually seems to be taking it in stride. I thought he might get a little ruffled from you agreeing with Rose after saying it was kind of free reign for him," Jimmy said offhandedly about Robb. He was currently working with Conklin in a surveillance op on Ken Brac's apartment and didn't seem to mind it.

[1] Robb's a professional. He'd prefer I be honest then bullshitting him. We're all working towards the same goal.
+ Gain Behavioralism skill
[2] Trying to get your mind off what we're about to do Jimmy?
+ Gain Savoir Faire skill
[3] It was just a suggestion.
+ Gain Persuasion skill

"Well..." Jimmy said with a grudging nod. "That's a fair point," he said with an agreeing shrug before glancing at the photo collage he had of known local Black Dragon members glancing at the new faces walking up to the gym entrance for their morning workout. The Gym itself looked like a local business. Buried in the back corner of a strip mall next to a Chinese takeout place and a check cashing establishment. Windowfront was tinted and the entire exterior looked extremely generic and underdeveloped with dirty cinder block style facings.

"There we go... I recognize two of those four," Jimmy then said, before flipping through the photos. "Greg Kebral and Herman Sanchez," Jimmy then said, taking a rapid series of pictures of them from his drivers seat. Eyeing the four individuals, you notice their faces do match up with the pictures of Black Dragon members Robb shared with you from the ATF files.

"Greg Kebral. Deputy Dragon... or whatever of the local group," you say, talking about a tall Caucasian male with thick well coiffed brown hair and a neatly trimmed Van Dyke style facial hair. Behind him was a Latino man who was a few inches shorter and had a small beard just covering his chin. "And Herman Sanchez is one of the soldiers," you respond, reciting it off of memory. "Shorts, tanks, high top sneakers. Gym bags," You shoot back to Jimmy who nods.

"Maybe they're going to play some basketball?" Jimmy offered. "I actually played in college. We could show them up on the court?"

[1] Sounds like a good idea... unless of course... we lose. Then we're kinda fucked.
+ Gain skill Athletics: Basketball
[2] It'd be three versus three with one of them on our team. Plus you'd be carrying me... like usual.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
[3] You know I already got a brilliant idea... *crack knuckles*
+ Gain skill Fine Arts: Theater

"Let's give these meatheads a few minutes to get settled before we go in," you then say.

Certain enough, a few minutes later the two of you were walking into the gym and approaching the desk, decked out in your jeans and collared shirts but not looking too official, though you both had your FBI badges dangling from your waists and Jimmy had his thin dark blue FBI jacket with the acronym in yellow letters scrawled across the back. The desk worker was some teenaged girl who took a long few moments looking up from her paperback novel as the first glanced around the gym showed lots of older equipment, and wide matted areas for free weights and other exercises. Just a few glances around gave the gym a bit of an 'old school' gymnasium vibe as opposed to the newer stuff. However it did have a basketball court as well in the back and from here they could see the quartet from before on the court, apparently pushing out the couple that was there earlier.

"Can I help y'all?" the desk worker asked, forcing a smile to her face. "You uhhh interested in joining? We have a free trial period."

[1] Well we work in town and wanted to check this place out. Looking for a more down to Earth gym without paying for all of the fancy crap you know?
+ Gain skill Savoir Faire.
[2] Yeah... that'd be cool. We work with the FBI and well, we want a place to work out during our lunch break and stuff. The fitness center at the Federal Building is... not good.
+ Gain skill Athletics: (Choose Sub Skill)
[3] Yeah we're with the FBI. Don't worry, we're just doing a random business safety check. The FBI has this program called Active Shooter Defense. We go to businesses and churches and the like and walk an employee like you or a manager and give them a free safety analysis in regards to threats like that.
+ Gain skill Security

---

"And here... is our basketball court, we have one full NBA regulation court with adjustable nets from eight to ten feet but you have to tell one of us to adjust it," she then said, approaching the door but pausing when she saw the four guys playing two on two basketball inside. As you gazed past the gym worker, you quietly noticed the Black Dragon tattoos on three of the four individuals. Only the youngest member of the four, who looked to be a teenager, seemed to not be inked. Most interestingly, one of the guys seemed to have parked his gym bag on the other side of the basketball courts glass door as if implying it was 'closed' for them.

"Oh... looks like there's a game going on... we can check it out later," the girl worker then said with a tinge of nervousness.

"No that's fine," you then say calmly as you simply step in front of her.

"No wait..." the girl said urgently as you simply pushed the door open, causing the gym bag to scrape along the floor as you stepped into the large room casually and then glanced down, noticing the gym bag still in your way and simply took your foot and half pushed, half kicked it out of the way as you walked in.

"So... about this court?" you asked the suddenly flustered female employee as your partner Jimmy followed you in, his FBI jacket still subtly hanging over his forearm as he followed you in.

The basketball game was coming back towards the side of the court Jimmy and you were standing off to the side of as you made sure at least some of them noticed you casually walk over to the bench, push off another gym bag and casually toss it into the ground so you could tie your shoe while you still watched the game. Jimmy meanwhile, a blank expression on his face, simply walked along the wall to the halfcourt and simply stood there.

"So uhh… this basketball court-," the employee started to explain in a nervous stutter.

"BRICK!" you suddenly shout as soon as you saw the Deputy Black Dragon, Greg Kebral, start to take a shot. He threw the ball up as it bounced off of the rim. "Ha... told you!" you then say to Jimmy with a nod as you finished fake tying your shoe. You noticed as the four players run past you, Greg giving you a brief death glare before continuing with the game.

"Don't pass to that guy! BRICK!" you shout again just as soon as you saw Herman get the ball from the teenager and go for a layup which missed completely and caused you to suddenly break into a chuckle.

The ball hadn't even had the chance to hit the floor when the Latino man turned towards you. "You got a fucking problem man? Didn't you see this was a private game?"

Your eyes went wide, but not apologetic. "No I ain't got a problem. You guys just need practice," you reply as your lips curled into a smile.

Sanchez paused, then his face cracked into a smile before he pointed at you. "You... your just trying to ask for it... I saw you step on my bag! Don't try and do something, you won't do shit."

"Man... feel sorry for your Mother," you then say with a bit of a chuckle.

Sanchez didn't even turn around but walked away, offering you the middle finger. A split second later it was Kestral who threw the first punch, darting in from the side, just in your periphery vision. But you still saw it coming.

Ducking the punch while moving into a backstep to square off with him, you could feel the mans fist and forearm swinging above your hair as you immediately shot out with a counter straight right hand yourself, aimed right at the Black Dragon Deputies groin. This being basketball, you quickly confirmed he wasn't wearing a cup over his jewels.

"Don't... he's a fucking Cop!" the female employee suddenly shouted as almost immediately the other two men, seemingly ignoring the employee or not even hearing her, bolted towards you now as she fled the court completely. Sanchez was closer, already turning to face you as Greg Kestrel buckled over in pain just as you followed up your first punch to the groin with a second right handed punch, this one an uppercut, right to the same spot before you grabbed him by the shoulders of his basketball jersey and pushed him into the oncoming Black Dragon soldier.

With Kestrel stumbling into Sanchez, the third as of yet unidentified man gripped the basketball and actually hurled it at your head. Almost instinctively, you rolled your shoulders and half jerked your head to the side, the basketball clipping the side of your head and shoulder rather harmlessly before bouncing off the wall behind you. The third man started to advance towards you though, hands white knuckling into fists when you heard a dull thud.

THUMP.

Jimmy, looking extremely unassuming, smacked the stranger across his upper back and shoulder with a well hidden slapjack, a simple club like weapon that consisted of a handle and a thick leather pouch filled with lead. The man, who looked rather imposing, quickly crumpled to his knees and would've planted his face into the courts hardwood if Jimmy didn't grab him by the collar of his shirt and let him hit the floor more gently.

That just left Sanchez, who was only delayed by a second by pushing Kestrel out of the way as the stocky, well built Black Dragon soldier advanced on you in a far more wary stance, hands high, knees bent, light on his feet. He was being wary, but still aggressive.

[1] Fight Defensively until Jimmy can smack him with his slapjack.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo (If you don't get hit square)
[2] Throwdown and beatdown.
+ Gain skill: Intimidation (if you win...)
[3] Yell "FBI Dumbass!" while keeping your hands up.
> Neutral
 

GravitysMomentum

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Reaction score
355
Location
U.S.A.
[3] It was just a suggestion.
+ Gain Persuasion skill
[1] Sounds like a good idea... unless of course... we lose. Then we're kinda fucked.
+ Gain skill Athletics: Basketball
[2] Yeah... that'd be cool. We work with the FBI and well, we want a place to work out during our lunch break and stuff. The fitness center at the Federal Building is... not good.
+ Gain skill Athletics: (Basketball)
[2] Throwdown and beatdown.
+ Gain skill: Intimidation (if you win...)
 

Fezzes

Prince And Emperor
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Reaction score
12
Location
Altdorf
[1] Robb's a professional. He'd prefer I be honest then bullshitting him. We're all working towards the same goal.
+ Gain Behavioralism skill
[1] Sounds like a good idea... unless of course... we lose. Then we're kinda fucked.
+ Gain skill Athletics: Basketball
[2] Yeah... that'd be cool. We work with the FBI and well, we want a place to work out during our lunch break and stuff. The fitness center at the Federal Building is... not good.
+ Gain skill Athletics: (Basketball)
[1] Fight Defensively until Jimmy can smack him with his slapjack.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo (If you don't get hit square)

May or may not have a personal investment in basketball.
 

Blasterbot

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Reaction score
28
[1] Robb's a professional. He'd prefer I be honest then bullshitting him. We're all working towards the same goal.
+ Gain Behavioralism skill
[1] Sounds like a good idea... unless of course... we lose. Then we're kinda fucked.
+ Gain skill Athletics: Basketball
[2] Yeah... that'd be cool. We work with the FBI and well, we want a place to work out during our lunch break and stuff. The fitness center at the Federal Building is... not good.
+ Gain skill Athletics: (Basketball)
[1] Fight Defensively until Jimmy can smack him with his slapjack.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo (If you don't get hit square)

 

Husky_Khan

The Dog Whistler... I mean Whisperer
Founder
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Reaction score
1,396
Location
The Drakwald
[1] Robb's a professional. He'd prefer I be honest then bullshitting him. We're all working towards the same goal.
+ Gain Behavioralism skill
[1] Sounds like a good idea... unless of course... we lose. Then we're kinda fucked.
+ Gain skill Athletics: Basketball
[2] Yeah... that'd be cool. We work with the FBI and well, we want a place to work out during our lunch break and stuff. The fitness center at the Federal Building is... not good.
+ Gain skill Athletics: (Basketball)
[1] Fight Defensively until Jimmy can smack him with his slapjack.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo (If you don't get hit square)

Sanchez knew how to fight.

In fact he might've been better then you, which... wasn't too surprising to be honest. But you knew enough to keep him at bay, if only for a few seconds. You crouched low, bending at the knees and kept your arms up. Whenever his shoulders flinched or fists moved, you shifted your body away, rolling your shoulders and stuck out one of your arms, fingers shooting out towards his face while circling your arm outward, deflecting his punches and coming close to raking his face a few times. He punched hard and once you felt his knuckles grazing your shoulders or your upper arm but soon Jimmy came in, still as unassuming as ever and then whipped his leather slapjack across the goons upper back with a dull thud.

The Latino Black Dragons body stiffened up a bit before he fell forward, staggering into you but still limply flailing as you swatted his arms away and then hooked an arm under his and pulled him into a far more official wrestling style chokehold as you tripped up his legs and took him down before pushing him flat on his stomach. "You are under arrest for assault on a federal officer of the law..." you started to say as you saw Jimmy spur into motion.

The other guy, Greg Kebral was half staggering towards the door when Jimmy gingerly walked up behind him and ordered him to stop. When he didn't, Jimmy just kicked him in the back of his knee, toppling him to his knees before pulling him face down to the court by the straps of his jersey. He waited until you were done handcuffing and frisking your suspect before he started to do the same with him. By now there was a small gang of curious onlookers gawking from the main gym floor into the court as Jimmy nodded to the other two.

In all of this excitement, you realized you still had one more unconscious perpetrator, the adult male who threw the basketball at you before getting cudgeled by your partner. And the male teenager who was literally pinned to the far wall in wide eyed fear.

"Could be tricky getting four people out of here with just the two of us," Jimmy then said with a frown as you could already hear what sounded like police sirens in the distance. If those were heading here, that was quite the response time...

[1] Leave them both here. We got these two already.
+ Gain favor with ATF
[2] Frisk the unconscious guy just in case for a warrant check later. Then we can go.
+ Gain influence with the FBI
[3] Lets arrest these two as well.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain influence with ATF
- Lose Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
[4] Forget those two. Grab the bags of the two we have in custody just in case.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain favor with FBI

"Clear a path, Federal Agents," you say sternly, leading the way as the gym goers with a mix of confused, curious and only a smattering of annoyed looks parted the crowd of onlookers and employees. There were a few outcries from the back but within moments, the handcuffed felons leading the way, you made your way to the front doors of the gym and pushed your perpetrator through the door.

A pair of county Sheriff's vehicles were already parked out front. Not city cops. A trio of Sheriffs Deputies were standing out front, one with a Lieutenants insignia approaching you both.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Stop right there. Lieutenant Maerogan, what's going on here?" he asked, holding a hand up, palm outward indicating for you to stop. "I don't care who you two are, you can't just drag people off to a Federal holding cell."

[1] Hold out your badge and identify yourselves as FBI Agents and keep on walking to your car.
+ Gain influence with the FBI
+ Gain skill: Intimidation
[2] "We're taking in these two for assault on Federal Officers. Two more associates are still in the gym/in our custody. Feel free to take them in for a statement. These two are coming with us. Federal Building. FBI. Feel free to call."
+ Gain favor with the FBI
+ Gain favor with the ATF
[3] "You guys showed up quick. Good work." Keep walking.
+ Gain skill: Investigation
- Owe favor: FBI
 
Last edited:

GravitysMomentum

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Reaction score
355
Location
U.S.A.
[4] Forget those two. Grab the bags of the two we have in custody just in case.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain favor with FBI
[1] Hold out your badge and identify yourselves as FBI Agents and keep on walking to your car.
+ Gain influence with the FBI
+ Gain skill: Intimidation
 

Fezzes

Prince And Emperor
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Reaction score
12
Location
Altdorf
[4] Forget those two. Grab the bags of the two we have in custody just in case.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain favor with FBI
[2] "We're taking in these two for assault on Federal Officers. Two more associates are still in the gym/in our custoday. Feel free to take them in for a statement. These two are coming with us. Federal Building. FBI. Feel free to call."
+ Gain favor with the FBI
+ Gain favor with the ATF

Seems like 4 is on-balance best option, so I'm wary of it biting us in some way later, but for now I'm not gonna let myself slip into paranoia.
 

Blasterbot

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Reaction score
28
[4] Forget those two. Grab the bags of the two we have in custody just in case.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain favor with FBI
[2] "We're taking in these two for assault on Federal Officers. Two more associates are still in the gym/in our custoday. Feel free to take them in for a statement. These two are coming with us. Federal Building. FBI. Feel free to call."
+ Gain favor with the FBI
+ Gain favor with the ATF

just realized that the front page has some very useful info. this will max relations with both the FBI and the ATF.
 
Last edited:

Husky_Khan

The Dog Whistler... I mean Whisperer
Founder
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Reaction score
1,396
Location
The Drakwald
[4] Forget those two. Grab the bags of the two we have in custody just in case.
+ Gain favor with ATF
+ Gain favor with FBI
[2] "We're taking in these two for assault on Federal Officers. Two more associates are still in the gym/in our custoday. Feel free to take them in for a statement. These two are coming with us. Federal Building. FBI. Feel free to call."
+ Gain favor with the FBI
+ Gain favor with the ATF

The Sheriff's Deputies stepped aside, the Lieutenant himself looking a bit flustered as the two of you made your way past them and towards your car with Jimmy also hefting the pair of gym bags as well. Thankfully, despite the physical prowess of the two suspects, they were still a bit too dazed to offer much resistance if they were inclined to do so as you two managed to push them into the backseat of your car and securing them. Jimmy took a deep breath and then popped the trunk, tossing the gym bags in there as you glanced back at the gym and saw the Sheriffs Deputies were in fact heading into the gym, apparently to take statements.

The moment practically begged Jimmy's question as he climbed into the drivers seat. "So... Sheriffs Department?"

[1] "Some of them might be compromised, better to keep them at arms length for the investigation."
+ Gain Skill: Behaviorialism
+ Gain favor with the CIA
[2] "One potential bad apple doesn't ruin the tree. Wait and see."
+ Gain Skill: Politics
+ Gain favor with the FBI
[3] "I saw a to go bag on one of the Deputy dashboards... 'Happy's Hoagies?' We should check it out for lunch if they're LEO friendly. I'm buying."
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo

The drive back to the Federal Building was thankfully uneventful as you pulled into the underground parking garage, having called ahead. A quartet of Federal Protective Service Officers (FPS) were waiting to assist the two of you in escorting your suspects to a holding cell within the FBI Field Office. As soon as you entered the Field Office, your collars in tow, you nodded for Jimmy to stay with the two suspects as they were taken to holding while the FBI Offices receptionist waved you over.

"Special Agent. You have secure messages in your office," she then said. "And Agent Conklin of the FBI is waiting for you there," the young woman behind the front desk then said with a smile as you glanced over to your office and could see the grizzled face of Alexander Conklin sitting there. He turned around, almost as if sensing your eyes on him and offered a smile and a wave that actually seemed somewhat unnerving to be perfectly honest.

It was then your vision panned between watching the two Black Dragons being taken to the holding cell and back to Conklin as you headed to your office.

"I thought you were watching the apartment?" you said as you stepped in, shaking his hand briefly before sitting behind your desk and pulling up your messages. One was from Conklin about an hour ago, saying he was heading to the office. That seemed safe to delete now. The other, only a half hour old, was from Junior Marshal Lucy Lloyd.

Sitrep:

We've been in location since 4 AM and have been poking around since before the main shift even showed up for work. We've photographed and indexed the truck and trailer plates. Nothing has come up. We also coordinated with the local state police and the nearby weigh stations. So far they haven't turned up anything on their checkpoints as well. Traffic seems normal with nothing out of place as of yet. If this is a cover for illicit trafficking, it's being well hidden. My senior partner is 75% sure that the location is clean at present however. We will continue investigating however unless new leads turn up elsewhere.

- LL xoxo


What did that last bit mean again?

"This Ken guy hasn't moved. He might be a recluse. Robb is watching him now. If we get some time I was thinking we could use an infrared camera to see him through the walls, just in case he's pulling one over us somehow," Alexander then said. "Real shame he hasn't left too, I would love to poke around his apartment while he was away." He paused a moment then smiled. "See what all of you warlocks are up to in your private time."

[1] "I can gift you a subscription to The Golden Bough. It's actually an interesting journal from an anthropological point of view as well."
+ Gain influence Terra Firma Humanis
+ Gain skill: Humanities: Anthropology
[2] "Is pulling the apartments fire alarm too contrived?" you say sarcastically.
+ Gain influence CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[3] I wouldn't recommend it at first. We start with gateway drugs... tabletop strategy games. Pen and paper RPG's.
+ Gain skill: Hobby: Gaming

"I noticed," Alex then said nodding to the holding cell. "You managed to collar two of the Black Dragons. Little bruised and battered as well," he added with a smirk. "Since I'm here..." he then said with a very sincere smile as he leaned back in his chair.

[1] "I would love to see you work alone."
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
+ Gain favor with CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[2] "Sure... but Jimmy has to be with you the whole time."
+ Gain influence with FBI
+ Gain favor with FBI
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
[3] "Watch and learn how we do it at the Bureau."
+ Gain influence with the FBI
+ Gain loyalty: Jimmy Woo
> Unknown Result Loyalty: Alexander Conklin
 

Fezzes

Prince And Emperor
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Reaction score
12
Location
Altdorf
[3] "I saw a to go bag on one of the Deputy dashboards... 'Happy's Hoagies?' We should check it out for lunch if they're LEO friendly. I'm buying."
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
[2] "Is pulling the apartments fire alarm too contrived?" you say sarcastically.
+ Gain influence CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[1] "I would love to see you work alone."
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
+ Gain favor with CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin

I'm really torn on anthropology vs influence with the CIA. We have none with them right now, so our Favours with them mean less. But anthropology is surely going to be really useful in coming to terms with and understanding aliens. In the end I'm figuring that we can always get other people into the org who do know about anthropology. We're going to be a leader, we'll be able to delegate.
 

GravitysMomentum

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Reaction score
355
Location
U.S.A.
[1] "Some of them might be compromised, better to keep them at arms length for the investigation."
+ Gain Skill: Behaviorialism
+ Gain favor with the CIA
[2] "Is pulling the apartments fire alarm too contrived?" you say sarcastically.
+ Gain influence CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[1] "I would love to see you work alone."
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
+ Gain favor with CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
 

Blasterbot

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Reaction score
28
[1] "Some of them might be compromised, better to keep them at arms length for the investigation."
+ Gain Skill: Behaviorialism
+ Gain favor with the CIA
[2] "Is pulling the apartments fire alarm too contrived?" you say sarcastically.
+ Gain influence CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[1] "I would love to see you work alone."
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
+ Gain favor with CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
 

Husky_Khan

The Dog Whistler... I mean Whisperer
Founder
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Reaction score
1,396
Location
The Drakwald
[1] "Some of them might be compromised, better to keep them at arms length for the investigation."
+ Gain Skill: Behaviorialism
+ Gain favor with the CIA
[2] "Is pulling the apartments fire alarm too contrived?" you say sarcastically.
+ Gain influence CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin
[1] "I would love to see you work alone."
+ Gain skill: Interrogation
+ Gain favor with CIA
+ Gain loyalty: Alexander Conklin

If Jimmy was bummed about the lack of hoagies, he certainly didn't show it for as soon as the two suspects were in separate holdings cells, he was heading back to your office and noticed both Conklin and you in conversation as he opened the glass door. "The two suspects are in holding. What's the plan?" he then asked.

"Marshal Lloyd got back to us. They suspect the Truck Stop isn't involved in any sort of weapons trafficking so far, but it's not confirmed yet. Alexander came back from surveying the apartment, apparently our guy Ken hasn't left it yet today... but maybe he's just a late riser. Either way, Robb is on site. And Alex here has volunteered to take the lead on interrogating our two suspects, Mr. Kebral and Mr. Sanchez," you explained.

"Going over their files right now," Alex then said, somewhat stating the obvious as he was literally thumbing through the dossiers the ATF had on both of the men and nodding in between a plethora of 'Hmms' and "hurms.'

"Need a partner?" Jimmy asked neutrally.

Alexander shook his head vigorously. "No, I think I got this. But I'll let you two know. How about we grab some lunch and let them sweat it out a bit before I get to work."

"I'm going to go through their gym bags in evidence," Jimmy then said. "See if there's anything spicy."

---

There was something spicy in the bags after all. Nothing too damning unless you were a DEA... or FBI Agent. Illegal pharmaceuticals it looked like. An entire small satchel of interesting vials that were labeled in Spanish and seemed to denote they were some form of performance enhancing drug or steroids. Regardless, they were controlled substances which at the very least they didn't have a prescription for, much less were obtained illegally regardless of even that.

In addition to that, it was just as Lunch was wrapping up when your phone buzzed. It was a message from Robb. Apparently Ken Brac was on the move and he wanted guidance.

[1] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him.
+ Gain Loyalty: Robb Bouten
+ Gain skill: Shadow
[2] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him. I'll send Jimmy over to help you Shadow him. Following people unseen is better with more people then less.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
+ Gain favor: ATF
[3] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him. I'll send Jimmy over to maintain surveillance over the apartment in case it's a distraction.
+ Gain favor: ATF
+ Gain skill: Surveillance

With that out of the way, Alexander and you made your way to the holding cells where, sure enough, Mr. Sanchez and Mr. Kebral were waiting in separate cells, wrists handcuffed to the table, one sided mirrors staring them back in the face and a single small eight inch window filtering in the sunlight. Alexander was putting on his suit, clipping his CIA badge to his chest in a far more prominent position.

"Never really had to conduct an interrogation on home soil before outside of training. Don't worry, 99% of the stories they say about us are bullshit... 75% of the time," Alex then said dryly before opening the door to the interrogation room, while you remained in the observation alcove, watching through the one way mirror.

Conklin entered Sanchez' room first.

The Latino Black Dragons eyes fell upon the mans prominent CIA badge and he immediately cracked a smile. "What are you supposed to be? CIA? Give me a break. All I did was get in a fight."

"Your friend, Greg Kebral. He's a real piece of work." Alexander then said. "You Black Dragons have a code huh... ironclad?" The Agent paused a beat. "Is that loyalty worth five years in jail? How about fifteen? Do you know the going rate for sentencing when it comes to a felony assault on a peace officer?"

"Please, if I knew that Fed was a cop I would've knocked his lights out!" Sanchez replied ironically with a laugh. "I've been to prison before, there's nothing that scares me there. Nothing you can scare me with fake James Bond. Man... and you won't get anything from Greg either. We're Black Dragons, We don't rat on each other."

Conklin's brow furrowed a bit and then he rose up and nodded to Sanchez. "Okay," he then said before rising from the chair and leaving the room.

Alexander beelined it to the other holding cell with Greg Kebral and didn't even bother with the rhetorical questions at the beginning, standing over the table. "Greg Kebral. Unless you make a deal, you and your friend are going to face trial. The maximum sentence for assault on a federal police officer is fifteen years. Is that something you are cool with... man?"

Greg immediately laughed in his face. "Bullshit. I didn't even touch either of them. Far as I'm concerned I'm a victim here."

"Excuse me? You threw the first punch," Conklin then said. "One of our agents has the injuries to prove it."

"Nah... I didn't cause any of that. Your facts are all messed up man," Greg replied smugly. "I didn't assault anybody. And if your going to keep this gestapo bullshit then I want my phone call. We'll see what my lawyer says."

In his mind, Alexander Conklin was already smiling.



"Bullshit!" Sanchez growled, spittle almost escaping his mouth.

Conklin played the tape. "Nah... I didn't cause any of that. Your facts are all messed up man. I didn't assault anybody."

"I guess your right. It'll just be you facing trial for assault on a peace officer. Facing fifteen years in prison," Conklin then said.

Sanchez shook his head. "No... No man... your trying to-."

"Did you want me to pull the tape? Do you want full context? Your Boss is going off scot free for this and the drugs. When we call him in as a witness, he'll throw you under the bus then, right to your face."

"Drugs? What?"

"The drugs we found in your gym bag. The PED's?" Conklin explained, gesturing animatedly with his hands.

"Those aren't mine man..."

"There's a legal tactic... if we're only going to convict one of you, we'll throw it all at you. You are already a previous felon piece of shit who we have on record by his Boss stated you attacked a Federal Agent. Tacking on the drug charges, I mean, it's going to be an easy sell to the Jury."

Sanchez slowly shook his head. "Man... it won't be fifteen years. I want a lawyer..."

"Fifteen years in Federal prison, not a county or state. You're going to be tried in a Federal Courthouse. Think your scumbag gang lawyer with a 1 800 number is going to help you plea down there?" Conklin asked.

Sanchez frowned. "What do you even want man?"



Greg Kebral's eyes widened as he saw the statement, signed by Sanchez no less. It was handwritten, the ink imprints from the pen still fresh but the details, names, dates, and everything was clear as day to be certified authentic.

"So... you want that lawyer now? I'd love to enter this into evidence for the trial," Conklin said.

"No one will believe this. It's just the word of... of.. a.. a scumbag," Greg said, leaning back in his chair. He was trying to play it casual but it was clear the statement laid out before him from one of his soldiers was troubling him. That was the problem with so-called Brotherhoods especially in crime. "I'm not answering anymore of your questions. I want my lawyer."

"Okay. I'll just speak and you can listen," Alexander Conklin said. "First off... your not going to county courts. Your going to a Federal Courthouse.. Not for assault on a police officer. For possession of controlled substances. For conspiracy. For racketeering. And when we get a Federal warrant for searching your home, your businesses, your dojo, and that of your associates, we are going to turn over everything and I think we can both be relatively certain that we'll find something juicy. And we'll throw those charges on top of it. Even if you make bail, you won't be free. Your entire organization will be dismantled, assets seized, and the trial which will take a year minimum, will drain you of whatever else you and your friends are worth."

"Then when your sentenced, it will be in Federal Prison. If your lucky. If your not lucky, we'll be extraditing your ass abroad. International weapons trafficking is a serious crime. You spent time in County Jail before. You don't mind it? How about a prison cell in Peru? Or Poland? Or wherever else you've done business in the past ten years. We'll throw you and your friends in their laps and as they throw the book at you so they can look tough on crime with all of you foreign American devils, In a few years, you'll just be forgotten. More then forgotten."

"And you wondering... is this real? Am I bullshitting?" Conklin said before he took off his CIA badge. "This isn't just for show. I'm here for a reason. And if your wasting my time, I'm going to waste a decade of yours. Give me something worth a decade of your life. The offer remains open until your lawyer shows up."



You blinked as you saw Alexander Conklin finish up his phone call. "Sorry. That was my friend at State. I had to thank her for writing up the extradition request. It helped sell the story." He paused as you looked at him incredulously. What he did went beyond the Good Cop, Bad Cop routine.

[1] "Remind me not to take a swing at you on the basketball court."
+ Loyalty Gained: Alexander Conklin
+ Gain skill: Athletics: Basketball
[2] "Trading in favors and leveraging influence to get things done, I don't know if I could ever do that."
+ Gain influence: CIA
+ Gain skill: Politics
[3] "You have a friend at State? I would like a friend at State. Got any other friends that we could invite over for a BBQ?"
+ Gain Influence: State Department
+ Gain influence: CIA

"So..." Alexander then said. "From Greg Kebral's statement, I'm not sure he's telling the truth or he's just bullshitting us in the most convincing manner possible," Conklin then said as he turned on the recording of the interrogation.



"-Ken Brac isn't even one of us. He just hangs out in our apartment rent free. He's been that way ever since he showed up. He works for some Cartel out of the country. Normally we wouldn't be this cushy with outsiders, but Bannak-."

---
"Just FYI, Bannak is the local leader of the Black Dragons in this city," Conklin explained before playing the video again.

---

"-is the only one who really deals with him. And what he deals in is weapons. Every week or two, a delivery van shows up at the auto body shop. It's specially designed to hide weapons coming out of this... OCP distribution center. I.. I don't have any details on it honestly. A van shows up, We take the weapons out and Bannak and Ken then drive the weapons to a delivery point, somewhere... in the middle of nowhere. I swear."

"Nowhere? Mexico nowhere?" Conklin asked.

"No... not Mexico. That's what we used to do. Ever since Ken showed up, we don't even do that anymore. He buys up everything."

"You don't have anymore customers?"

"Dude seriously... stop fishing for information. I don't know anything. He buys it all up."

"So this guy buys up the whole inventory and its shipped to nowhere? That sounds like a terrible BS type of business model. Why would anyone do that?"

"He pays in gold. And he promises... the guns won't ever come back to us. We don't even have to file off serial numbers or anything. So far... it's beared out. I just don't like it man. The guys is weird, it's like he's a terrorist or something. Something we shouldn't be associated with you know. We're making hand over fist but... it's all we're doing now."

"You need to tell us everything if you want to come out of this with your head above water."

"There'll be.... fuck... this can't come back to me okay. If it does I'll be filleted like a fish just for being a snitch."

"I have no interest in your pecking order. You prove your worth ten to fifteen years, you'll be protected."

"There'll be another delivery... tomorrow night. After ten PM, when the shop is closed..."



"So that's the gist of it," Conklin said. "It smells super fishy to me but it's what he said when facing fifteen years in prison. I said we'd keep him in holding until we can make sure this information pans out. Which will be the day after tomorrow it seems if he's not lying out of his ass,"

You glanced at your monitor. Updates are coming in from both the Marshals and Robb. The Marshals have said nothing else suspicious has turned up yet. They're willing to pull out soon. Robb meanwhile reports that Ken Brac is still out and about, seemingly visited random places, as if running errands or something.

It's getting close to evening.

[1] If they're being paid in gold, it shouldn't be too hard to find a sample. We should ask him where they keep some so we can obtain a sample. Confirm this story.
+ Gain skill: Persuasion
+ Gain influence: FBI
[2] If Ken Brac has a source of gold, perhaps checking out his apartment while he's away is a good idea after all.
+ Gain skill: Infiltration
+ Gain influence: CIA
[3] Since the Marshals are already out and about, maybe they can approach the local OCP/Omni Consumer Products office and ask for a discrete meeting. They'd be interested in knowing about the illicit dealings of some of their employees/contractors.
+ Gain favor OCP
+ Gain influence OCP
[4] Pull video surveillance of the auto body shop from local businesses or ATF surveillance operations. If they are using the same specially modified van, it should turn up and we can work from there.
- Use favor ATF
+ Gain influence ATF
 

Fezzes

Prince And Emperor
Joined
Nov 1, 2019
Reaction score
12
Location
Altdorf
[2] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him. I'll send Jimmy over to help you Shadow him. Following people unseen is better with more people then less.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
+ Gain favor: ATF
[1] "Remind me not to take a swing at you on the basketball court."
+ Loyalty Gained: Alexander Conklin
+ Gain skill: Athletics: Basketball
[2] If Ken Brac has a source of gold, perhaps checking out his apartment while he's away is a good idea after all.
+ Gain skill: Infiltration
+ Gain influence: CIA

Just casually pulling out "I can legally disappear you". Alex is a scary man.

EDIT: Forgot I was angling for CIA influence and just went for what I'd do. More fool me.
 

Blasterbot

Active member
Joined
Aug 26, 2019
Reaction score
28
[1] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him.
+ Gain Loyalty: Robb Bouten
+ Gain skill: Shadow
[3] "You have a friend at State? I would like a friend at State. Got any other friends that we could invite over for a BBQ?"
+ Gain Influence: State Department
+ Gain influence: CIA
[3] Since the Marshals are already out and about, maybe they can approach the local OCP/Omni Consumer Products office and ask for a discrete meeting. They'd be interested in knowing about the illicit dealings of some of their employees/contractors.
+ Gain favor OCP
+ Gain influence OCP
 

GravitysMomentum

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Reaction score
355
Location
U.S.A.
[3] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him. I'll send Jimmy over to maintain surveillance over the apartment in case it's a distraction.
+ Gain favor: ATF
+ Gain skill: Surveillance
[3] "You have a friend at State? I would like a friend at State. Got any other friends that we could invite over for a BBQ?"
+ Gain Influence: State Department
+ Gain influence: CIA
[2] If Ken Brac has a source of gold, perhaps checking out his apartment while he's away is a good idea after all.
+ Gain skill: Infiltration
+ Gain influence: CIA
 

Husky_Khan

The Dog Whistler... I mean Whisperer
Founder
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Reaction score
1,396
Location
The Drakwald
I did a die roll for the first option since it was a three way tie.

[2] Feel free to Shadow Ken Brac. But keep your distance. It's more important to remain unseen then getting a closer look on him. I'll send Jimmy over to help you Shadow him. Following people unseen is better with more people then less.
+ Gain Loyalty: Jimmy Woo
+ Gain favor: ATF
[3] "You have a friend at State? I would like a friend at State. Got any other friends that we could invite over for a BBQ?"
+ Gain Influence: State Department
+ Gain influence: CIA
[2] If Ken Brac has a source of gold, perhaps checking out his apartment while he's away is a good idea after all.
+ Gain skill: Infiltration
+ Gain influence: CIA

Jimmy was out the door within a minute of you giving the order leaving Conklin and you to brainstorm your next moves in lieu of what the Greg Kebral interrogation revealed. As soon as you had decided on checking out the apartment, Alexander's own face seemed to light up a bit, which was something considering his normal dour and grizzled look. He even had a glint in those dead set eyes of his. "We'll be taking my car this time," he added as the two of you headed out, sounding almost mischievous.

On the way over, Jimmy called to confirm that the apartment was empty, thus hopefully there shouldn't be any surprises like the actual occupant waiting for them and he promised to keep checking in so the two of them wouldn't be caught inside the apartment itself. Fortunately, as noted before, the apartment complex he lived in was only ten blocks away from the Federal Building and the drive was short. The complex itself looked like your standard well furnished high rise apartment complex.

"His apartment is on the ninth floor of the sixteen. Corner apartment. Very nice," Conklin explained as the two of you parked your car a reasonable distance away from the entrance and walked a half block towards the front doors of the building, with Conklin carrying a simple briefcase. The two of you walked through the front doors as Conklin asked you to hold out your FBI Badge. As you did so, a uniformed security guard stepped out from a nearby alcove, showing Conklin had definitely been casing the place thoroughly this morning.

"FBI. We know where we're going," you said as you walked by the man.

"And don't tell anyone we're here," Conklin added, glaring at the security guard and his name badge, as if burning it into memory just in case.

The two of you stepped into the nearest elevator and took it up to the tenth floor and then as soon as you arrived, you ducked into the nearest stairwell as Conklin broke open his suitcase. He certainly came prepared.

Lockpick Gun. Boot covers. Gloves. Facemasks. Hairnets. Audio bugs. Audio-Visual bugs. Even a phone wiretap.

"Let's get dressed shall we?" Alexander then said, handing you a pair of gloves and boot covers.

"There's ten apartments on this floor. The one across from his corner apartment is owned by some retail executive," Alexander Conklin explained. "The apartment adjacent to his is owned by some real estate retiree or something. Haven't seen any activity coming from the adjacent apartment, but I did from the one across the way, so we don't wanna be too loud," Conklin explained. "Locks are pretty basic standard. I'm thinking he has a security system though, I'll need to-."

[1] I can use the lockpick gun if you check out the security system,
+ Gain skill point in Lockpicking.
[2] I'll deal with the security system.
+ Gain skill in Repair: Electrical
 
Top Bottom