Merchant of Death
- Aug 9, 2019
- Reaction score
RULES OF PARTICIPATION AT THE SIETCH.
Rule 0 – Terms of Service incorporated into Rules by Reference.
The Terms of Service must be followed by all posters. Participation in the forum is contingent on acceptance and observance of the TOS, which are authoritative in the event of any conflict with other rules or applications of the rules. Belter Alliance Media, LLC is the sole authority to determine compliance with the TOS and no appeal is possible from a decision made under that authority. Crucial points of the TOS include but are not limited to;
- a) You agree not to post material classified by the United States government even if such material has been reported on or disseminated in the news media.
- b) You agree not to advocate or organize for any violation of the laws of the United States or the state of New Hampshire.
- c) You agree not to post links or detailed guidance to pirate copyrighted material.
- d) You agree not to interfere with the technical functioning of the website.
- e)You agree not to sue Belter Alliance Media LLC or its agents for any cause regarding the website.
Rule 1 – Unacceptable Material
Belter Alliance Media, LLC presents this website as a place to post discussion and material by users. Certain material is categorically unacceptable for this website and will be removed as soon as Belter Alliance Media LLC and its agents become aware of it. Violations of this rule will result in severe punishment under the infraction system. Unacceptable Material includes, but is not limited to;
- a) Genocide advocacy.
- b) Sexually explicit material outside designated NSFW zones.
- c) Extreme gore or explicit sadistic violence.
- d) Any sexually explicit material involving minors.
- e) Encouragement of suicide or bodily harm by others.
- f) Threats of violence directed at specific individuals, groups, or institutions.
- g) Discussions of affairs and news from other forums outside of designated threads in NSFW politics, including chan memes and other 4chan cultural aspects and /pol content.
- h) "Soft-doxxing", or revealing a poster's connection to an old or still-active screenname on other communities against that poster's will.
Rule 2 – Civility Rules
The purpose of this website and forum is to promote the exchange of ideas in a civil manner, upholding the value of freedom of speech. In order to fulfill this purpose certain exchanges between users which are unproductive are prohibited. In addition, material very likely to provoke such exchanges may not be posted on the boards. This includes, but is not limited to;
- a) Racial, ethnic, religious and other slurs solely intended to demean a person for a group identity. A non-exhaustive set of examples includes “Nigger”, “Kike”, “Spic”, “Faggot”, “Slant”, etc.
- b) Entering a thread solely to insult another poster without addressing the topic at hand.
- c) Posting inflammatory content in an attempt to bait other users to violate the rules.
- d) Coordinated efforts to overwhelm a single poster (eg ‘dogpiling’) by a group of other posters.
- e) Accusations of being or belonging to a political extremist group or holding an extremist ideology, unless the poster self-identifies as such or can be proved to be such, with the accuser having the burden of proving their accusation.
- f) Drastically derailing a thread from the topic established by the original poster.
- g) Attempts to organize harassment of posters, individuals, or other websites.
- h) Harassing behaviour toward another member.
Rule 3 – Obey the Staff
Belter Alliance Media LLC will designate certain users as forum staff to enforce the rules of the website. These moderators, super-moderators, and Admins have delegated authority to issue infractions, directives, policies, and otherwise act to the end of enforcing the rules and upholding a positive user experience. Failure to comply with staff will be considered a violation of the rules as such.
Violations of Rules 1 -3:
Infractions – Moderators issue threadbans and recommend points and infractions. Supermods confirm points and infractions and issue tempbans or permbans.
Appeals – Supermods review Moderator action and either escalate, reduce or eliminate, or confirm the action. Admins handle all appeals of Supermod decisions. A final summary appeal (it may be dismissed or reversed without explanation) may be made to the Empress.
Violations of Rule 0:
Any violation of Rule 0 may be infracted by any member of the staff. The Administration will review and confirm a permban if appropriate, and provide a summary explanation to the Empress, who may or may not review at Her pleasure. Since Rule 0 includes the TOS by reference, Rule 0 violations encompass all aspects of the TOS related to on-forum conduct.
Violations of the Terms of service: Shall be handled by the Empress or Technical Admin.
State of Exception: If the Empress declares a State of Exception, the moderators, supermods, and admins may issue points, infractions, and threadbans for the duration of the emergency (inclusive of but not limited to low moderator staffing or a forum invasion). After the emergency is over this will be given summary review by the Empress, only. A State of Exception will be clearly and publicly posted directly by the Empress or the Technical Admin.
Administrative Volunteer Policy: The Administration may adopt policies by which these rules are administered by the volunteer staff.
Last edited by a moderator: